MESUG meets four times a year, in the Toronto area, to discuss Municipal By-law Enforcement issues that participating cities/municipalities are facing. The group consists of Municipal Environmental Officers, By-Law Officers, Wastewater Operators, Environmental Technicians, Managers and Administrators, etc. from across Canada so use the contact information to join!
MESUG meetings provide a forum for members from across the Canada. Items discussed includes:
- Sewer Use By-Laws changes
- Industrial compliance for different sectors i.e. Food, Automotive, Refining, Metal Finishing
- Effective sampling equipment, procedures, or spill response
- Changes to regulations impacting wastewater, stormwater and biosolids
- Provide training courses such as: Spills to the Sanitary, Industrial Unit Processes, and Environmental Law
- Share Outreach initiatives such as Brochures, Pamphlets and Videos
- Problem experiences and resolutions from group members
- Inspection and Enforcement problems .